Refining your search results
If you get too many results you may need to narrow your search in order to increase the precision. To narrow your search you may like to try some of the following:
- add additional keywords using the Boolean operator AND.
- use more specific keywords.
- limit the search to particular fields if appropriate in the database you are using i.e. instead of searching for 'law' search for 'contract law'.
- limit publication year if appropriate.
If you get too few or no articles you may need to expand your search. To expand your search you may like to try some of the following:
- check your spelling.
- use truncation or wildcards with your search terms.
- use all possible synonyms, alternative terminology/spelling and combine these using OR.
- use broader keywords.